Seat Heater Switch

Viamanci

How do I remove the seat heater switch to check contacts. Heater works in Low but finally after a period of erratic activation on the high side it finally will not light up or heat high.

Thanks.

Mike

How do I remove the seat heater switch to check contacts. Heater works in Low but finally after a period of erratic activation on the high side it finally will not light up or heat high.

Thanks.

Mike

check this out, but only to the seat heater portion.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62405&st=0&p=400522&hl=+radio%20+removal&fromsearch=1entry400522

Thanks.

Mike

check this out, but only to the seat heater portion.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62405&st=0&p=400522&hl=+radio%20+removal&fromsearch=1entry400522

yepp, those directions are perfect. Once you've got the panel out from the dash, here's how to remove the switch from the wood panel. I just happen to have one of these on my bookshelf from an older project...

2ngzmmq.jpg

1zyvh2h.jpg

34t8n69.jpg

To remove the switch, pry this clip with a flathead screwdriver, and pull the switch away a few millimeters

27yz9mg.jpg

Then hold the switch in this position, and pry the other side, again lifting it away'

w0p7r9.jpg

311p16h.jpg

And it's out! :)

s5eaol.jpg

I'm sure it's not a cheap replacement part or anything serviceable inside even with contact cleaner.

The carbon or contact on the potentiometer is probably worn down and has dead spots.

(nice mods on your vehicles BTW)