08 Gen 5 Factory Nav Upgrades

A lot of you seem to have posted about adding capabilities to various Lexus GS Navigation system. I've recently purchased a 2008 AWD with factory NAV upgrade* (non ML). Can I somehow get this unit to play DVDs or connect my HDMI equipped, Android powered Motorola Photon to the screen to enhance its capabilities as an entertainment hub?

* I got this car as a salvage repair from ebayer (drjemini) and he had his repair shop replace the basic stereo system with a gen 5 Nav unit (which he convinced me was less of a chore than replacing with a ML unit due to completely different wiring harnesses).

I have not received the car yet, but want a game plan when it arrives next week. I've also asked dcfish for input, but all are welcome to contribute links and advice.

-TiM

Hi and welcome back!

Their are members who know a lot more about your question than I. But I did want to let you know about an alternative search engine that allows you to use 3 and 4 letter words like Gen and Nav and DVD.

Go to the top of the page. At the top, right hand side of the page, you will see a small box with faint letters that say "search", and to the right, "forum". Click on search and enter your string. Click on Forum and choose Google. The Google search allows you to use any combination of letters and words. It will access the entire LOC data base.

Paul