Headlight Warning Light

familyrx

Having just spent some time underneath our '01 in search of anything that resembles the leveling system control unit or leveling arms, I'd appreciate any advice as to their location. The problem is that the dash light--which went on and off--is now lit always, with no headlight leveling motion. Thanks!

The auto-leveling switch is located on the right rear control arm, connecting the RR control arm to the belly of the car. The switch will have two small "arms" attached to it, which connect the arm to the bottom of the car. The arms are about 3 inches long or so (from what i could remember)...

Once you find the device, you can unbolt the arms and remove the switch from the car. Then, you can open the switch (there are tiny screws holding it together) and remove any dirt which might be causing a loss of contact inside, giving you an error light. Once cleaned, you can put it back together and reattach under the car.

Good luck! If you get lost, take some pictures under there and post them here. I'll spot it out for you. <_<

Here's a really rough (i mean really rough) sketch i drew up about 3 years ago when someone asked a similar question about its location. It'll give you an idea as to what it looks like.

ivzjm9.jpg

Thanks very much. I didn't specify that our car is an '01 RX300--still relevant? Thanks.

Yepp, same as on my old 2003 Rx300, and i did a lot of work with that sensor. I actually wired it into the cabin and put a little control wheel on it, so i could raise and lower the headlights from the drivers seat.

See about half way down here, i have pictures of the "control" wheel i put on the sensor in the dash.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3090724/2003-lexus-rx