Air/cabin Filter Replacements

BuddyTD

It's time to replace my air and cabin filters and I've always spent too much at the dealership for a simple replacement. Are the air and cabin filter replacements from the national chain part stores as good as what the dealer sells you? Is there are particular brand name that is better than another?

BuddyTD

It's time to replace my air and cabin filters and I've always spent too much at the dealership for a simple replacement. Are the air and cabin filter replacements from the national chain part stores as good as what the dealer sells you? Is there are particular brand name that is better than another?

BuddyTD

I did a quick search of the board. Here is somw information from a post by "cduluk".

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

cduluk, on 27 May 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ah yes, the cabin air filter. It filters the air in the AC/heater so when you have it set to recirculate it will filter the inside air, and when you have it set to outside air it will trap pollen and such. I replace mine every 6 months or so.

See here, and jump to pg 6/11 to see detailed pics on how to remove the cabin air filter for the 04-09 Rx330/350/400h.

http://www.conceptua...and%20cabin.pdf

The cabin air filters are pretty expensive from the dealer, so i get mine from ebay. They're 100% identical at about 1/4 the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...81168&viewitem=