Cleensweep In Is350?

Has anyone put or know anyone that has put the JL Audio CleenSweep in? I wonder how much added quality this actually brings? I am adding a sub and would add this too at the same time if it's worth it.

Has anyone put or know anyone that has put the JL Audio CleenSweep in? I wonder how much added quality this actually brings? I am adding a sub and would add this too at the same time if it's worth it.

Haven't added the CleanSweep, but did put a Sub in my previous ES330 and my current ES350. Sub works great with the standard Lexus "Premium" system. I have an Alpine amp in the trunk fastened to the backing of the seat board that is dedicated to the sub. Need that set-up to control the gain on the woofer otherwise it gets muddy and can overwhelm the cabin speakers.

The Lexus sound systems are touchy in that they use a crossover network for each speaker. The car audio place I use quit trying to install after market speakers in Lexus cars because they had so much trouble finding ones that could sound right and produce the correct frequencies with the built in network.

Just a word of caution before you rip everything up and buy something you can't return.

Paul

Yah I haven't found anyone that has said how much they can't live without the CleenSweep.

I'll let you know how the sub sounds, I'm putting in 1 JL Audio 12" W6v2 in their H.O. Wedge Box, run by the JL Audio 1000/1v2 amp --- looks good on paper hopefully it translates.

-Charles

• 7 months later...

i would image that it would increase the sub presence since taking a lead out of the factory sub out i think has a crossover of 20-80hz and using the clean sweep you can combine the sub out with the front door sub, since the front door subs are (40/60)-100hz. I'm currently planning on upgrading my loc to either the clean sweep setup or the Alpine PXE-H660 or Kicker ZX10SUM8 or AudioControl LC6i too many chocies and they all cost about the same.