2012 Is350 Question

CoolDrew

Hi All,

I'm trying to buy 2012 IS350 tomorrow. I went to few of Lexus dealers yesterday to see 2012 IS350 with F-sport package and navigation package. Best price that one of dealers offered was $47,500 drive out on $46,064 MSRP. Is that too much to pay? I want to know If that is above market price. I have no idea how much others pay, cuz I do not have anyone around me who owned new IS350.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm trying to buy 2012 IS350 tomorrow. I went to few of Lexus dealers yesterday to see 2012 IS350 with F-sport package and navigation package. Best price that one of dealers offered was $47,500 drive out on $46,064 MSRP. Is that too much to pay? I want to know If that is above market price. I have no idea how much others pay, cuz I do not have anyone around me who owned new IS350.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Your best bet, short of knowing someone who just bought the identical car from the same dealer one hour before you did, is to look up the following:

Go online and access the Kelly Blue Book (KBB). This is used by many as an industry bible for current market prices including new car price, used car value, and trade-in values. Also just Google the car your looking at for new car prices and you can also look up NADA. National Automobile Dealers Association. This is a guide book like the KBB and gives the same information but based on different markets.

Try this site for recent purchase prices paid:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.efc53ba

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to lease a 2011 model IS 250 automatic w/ F Sport Package and Nav. The dealer told me I could get a better deal with the 2011 model rather than 2012 and there's not much of a styling difference between the two.

Can you give me the Money Factor and Residual for this car?

Thanks!

I'm looking to lease a 2011 model IS 250 automatic w/ F Sport Package and Nav. The dealer told me I could get a better deal with the 2011 model rather than 2012 and there's not much of a styling difference between the two.

Can you give me the Money Factor and Residual for this car?

Thanks!

Regarding the money factor, I'm sorry to show my ignorance, but I don't know what that is. In a lease, when you use the term residual, are you meaning the value of the car at the end of the lease term by which the leaseor will calculate the "depreciation" of the vehicle?

If so, after leasing several cars in the past, I know of no way to "Look up" or calculate the residual of that car unless you use the current value of the same brand and model car on the market now that is say two or three years old, the same time term of the lease your contemplating. In some ways, your really at the mercy of the leaseor as to what the car will be worth unless they will let you negotiate that part of the lease. Obviously you want the car to be worth as much as you can when the lease expires.

Just a word about leasing. Although it allows you to drive more car for the money sometimes, it also locks you in to making monthly payments forever. Why? It's just like renting an apartment. You have nothing to show for it. When the lease is done you have no equity, no trade-in value, no down payment on another car purchase or lease, and most people have to continue leasing another car. Hopefully your the exception and are able to save a bunch at the same time your leasing so you have flexibility when your lease is up.

You'd have to ask the dealer for the money factor and residual, they change all the time.

Paul, the money factor is basically the interest rate on the lease.

I thought that was probably it, but didn't want to stick my foot into it. (As we say out here on the farm) Thanks for the info!