Need Help With Glove Box (Compartment) Light

clover

Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I'm new here and I have searched for the topic to my dilemma, and have found nothing. If I am reposting please offer me the link to my question. Thank you.

I have a 1991 Lexus LS 400. My glove box light does not work. I have tested the bulb with and ohm meter and I have continuity. I then tested the connector and I am getting zero voltage to the connnector. I was wondering if anyone here has an electrical wiring diagram and can tell me what circuit the glove box light connector is associated with. And maybe the fuse too.

Thank you in advance for all of your advice on this matter.

Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I'm new here and I have searched for the topic to my dilemma, and have found nothing. If I am reposting please offer me the link to my question. Thank you.

I have a 1991 Lexus LS 400. My glove box light does not work. I have tested the bulb with and ohm meter and I have continuity. I then tested the connector and I am getting zero voltage to the connnector. I was wondering if anyone here has an electrical wiring diagram and can tell me what circuit the glove box light connector is associated with. And maybe the fuse too.

The exterior lights, parking, etc, must be on to enable the glove box light....STUPID, yes.

...hehehehe; same thing happened to me! I had a fused lightbulb, switched it out and then (during the day) tested to see if the fix worked. Ran a multitude of tests and in frustration, left it till evening, when lo and behold, when I turned on the lights, a miracle - the durn thing worked!!!

:)

I have a 1991 Lexus LS 400. My glove box light does not work. I have tested the bulb with and ohm meter and I have continuity. I then tested the connector and I am getting zero voltage to the connector. I was wondering if anyone here has an electrical wiring diagram and can tell me what circuit the glove box light connector is associated with. And maybe the fuse too.

The exterior lights, parking, etc, must be on to enable the glove box light....STUPID, yes.

OMG!!! Are you serious?! LOL It is stupid. But then again, if you think about it, do you really need it lighted during the day?

Oh well... Thank you jaswood. You are awesome. I was going crazy trying to figure this out.