2002 Is300 Navigation Unit

skarlo300

Ok this might be way off the wall, but I am looking for anyone who has attempted to alter the navagation unit to play DVD's! I think this would be the ultimate, instead of installing another head unit one is built in. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Steve

• 2 years later...

I'm doing the same thing to my '03. The shop that I took my car to for it's tint actually offers the conversion kit to do this. If I'm not mistaken, its just some type of converter they wire from the dvd player into the navi reader to the LCD screen on your dash. Remember, you actually have to buy the DVD player seperate. I got a six disc changer on ebay for a few hundred. My DVD player will be installed in the trunk next to the Navi disc reader and will be wired to the screen. Somewhere they plant a device that picks up the remote control signal to operate the DVD frm the driver seat. You can also have the changer installed in the glove box, whatever your preferance. Total cost of purchasing DVD player, converter wire and installation is goin to run $500. (DVD's sold seperately) :)