Fogged Headlights

kappies

MY RX300 has fogged headlights-seems to be inside-not a total fogged look but about 30% fogged-

any suggestions to upgrade bulbs w/out getting too hot and causing more damage from heat???

I am interested what others have found to work- I have been told by the detail guys around here it seems to be inside-

de-fogging may not help from the outside---

Thanks,

kappie

Is the fogging actual moisture/condensation? Or just a runny "haze" at the top?

Does it come and go? Or is it there permanently?

Can you take some pics? Solution is based on what the fog is. If it's moisture that only appears at certain times, there really isn't much you can do. If it doesn't go away, it might be another common problem with these, a haze that's actually on the outside but may appear to be on the inside.

And why are you asking about upgrading bulbs? Is this a related issue? What year is your RX? Does it have HID or halogen bulbs?

My guess is that this "fog" is really on the outside of the lens. Try applying some rubbing compound (any will do) and working it in with a cotton rag, maybe it'll rub out. <_<

And as for upgrading the bulbs... not really much you could do besides throwing in a kit, but that'll just give you more problems with glare. try doing a search in the Rx300 forum, this has been talked about before. <_<

I will try the compound on outside-

thanks,

kappies

Several years back my '06 RX started to fog over the headlamp covers. I read in a tips section of Car Craft Magazine to use Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish (available at Kragens and Autozone as well as others) on the covers. Worked like a charm. Just rub on the polish with elbow grease; takes the haze out. Rubbing compound is more agressive than this product; I would only go to an agressive compound after this didn't work.