Power Back Door Problem

Just had our RX400h (05) for two weeks here in Norway. And we are loving it :-) Especially after we had installed blockheater... As it tends to be a little cold here during winter. The only problem is that the power door does not work any more. Here is what happend: When I started the car in the workshop after the install of the heater, a warning on the dashboard lit. They said it was because the battery was disconnected. When I started the car the second time the warning disappeared. But the power door can not be opened from either the key or button. And yes, I have checked the switch in the glove compartment is not pressed :-) Any suggestions? thanks in advance! Petter

two things, the doors have to be unlocked before the rear door will open with the remote or the dash button, the end of the carpet can get jammed into the door opening causing a failure, in that case i was able to push the door from the inside as it unlocked, however I knew i had a working door. also remember to reset your ISC in your hybrid ecu, its the idle control that needs resetting after you disconnect the battery. your mileage will suffer until it is done.

the same thing happens with the windows going up and down or the sun roof activating properly after a battery is disonnected. The fix is to hold the button in the "activate" position for several seconds until the window or door is reinitialized. It should work normally after that.