Replacement Tires For Lx570

Designerdish

Hello to All LX570 Owners,

I am looking for replacement tires for my 08 LX570. Currently there are Dunlop tires on my SUV which need replacing. I would like to know if anyone has replaced their tires-and if so with what brand and model?

I am looking forward to any and all responses as I must replace these tires as soon as possible and do not want to make an error in my choice. Tires this large are not inexpensive and as I drive up/down the eastern seaboard every year, they need to be durable and trustworthy.

Thank You!

Hello again,

I neglected to mention I am being offered Toyo Proxes S/T tires as well as Dunlop Grand Trek tires. There is a $100 price difference between these two options. I was told it is difficult to find tires large enough for the 570.

Anyone replaced their tires with either of these options? If not, what did you choose?

Thank You!

I recommend the Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Size P285/50R20 111V.

I have a 2010 Lexus LX570 and I insisted that I get it with the Michelin Tires! (They are much better than the dunlops)

I just completed a 5500 mile trip of most of the national parks on the west coast with this car. (From Los Angeles, to Montana, and back down thru Seattle, Potland, etc). We were 5 people in the car + luggage, basically fully loaded and the car handled incredibly well. (The car has 20,000 miles on it right now and the tires still have about 50% of the tread left!) My experience with the Michelins is that they perform well even when the tread is below 50%. My previous experience with a couple of Dunlop sets (on other cars) was that their performance dropped significantly once you go below 50% tread left. They also don't last as long. The tire model is: Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Size P285/50R20 111V.

Tire rack has them on sale for $173.00. Here is the link:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2010&autoModel=LX+570&autoModClar=&width=285/&ratio=50&diameter=20&sortCode=60125&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&tab=OE&filterType=oe

You can also read more about them on Michelin's website. Here is the link:

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/vehicle/2010/Lexus/LX570/Standard/tires

I hope this helps.

Good luck. Amir

• 1 month later...

I agree with NEW CLUB MEMBER.....Not only are Michelins by far the best tires made, but tire rack has lowered the price of the latitudes even lower down to $168.00....And since they are owned by Discount Tire, Discount tire stores will price match them for $168 and include installation. The only addition cost will be the road hazard warranty, which I think is definitely worth it.