The Dreaded Engine Light Is On!

jybondshark

I've been reading possible causes. One of which was to clean the MAF sensor. I tried this using MAF sensor cleaner from the local auto parts store and also changed my air filter. I then had the codes reset. The car runs a lot better now; however, the check engine light just came on again? My 2001 RX 300 has 107,000 miles on it. Even though it's running better, could the MAF just need replacing? Or could it be something like the Vacuum hose; fuel injector dirty? Maybe an o2 sensor? I really don't want to get reamed by the dealer again. Every time I go in that place it's over $500. Please help!!

By the way, this site is great! Before coming to this site I didn't even know what a MAF sensor was. So far you guys helped me change a tail light bulb;the rear marker light; replace the front marker light assembly; and change my air filter. The last time I got my rear marker light changed at the local dealer, it cost me $120...Doing it myself cost $2.50(for the bulbs) at the local Walmart. This site saved me over $500 so far!

I've been reading possible causes. One of which was to clean the MAF sensor. I tried this using MAF sensor cleaner from the local auto parts store and also changed my air filter. I then had the codes reset. The car runs a lot better now; however, the check engine light just came on again? My 2001 RX 300 has 107,000 miles on it. Even though it's running better, could the MAF just need replacing? Or could it be something like the Vacuum hose; fuel injector dirty? Maybe an o2 sensor? I really don't want to get reamed by the dealer again. Every time I go in that place it's over $500. Please help!!

By the way, this site is great! Before coming to this site I didn't even know what a MAF sensor was. So far you guys helped me change a tail light bulb;the rear marker light; replace the front marker light assembly; and change my air filter. The last time I got my rear marker light changed at the local dealer, it cost me $120...Doing it myself cost $2.50(for the bulbs) at the local Walmart. This site saved me over $500 so far!

Maybe? http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-generation/494817-cel-p0171-my-experience-fixing.html