Shifter Panel Light Not Working Consistent...

02LS

The light on the shifter panel isn't working....Sometimes it will kick light up at night when I drop it into 4 hi...

It's an automatic.... Are there any common electrical issues with this model ?

The side mirror control isn't working for the drivers mirror up and down option....It will work left to right but not up and down...

The passenger mirror adjusts fine but the drivers doesn't....Sometimes I can get it to adjust up and down but more times the most it doesn't.

** does anyone have any insight , direction or ideas of what is going on here ?

**is the light under the shifter panel hard to replace ?

**anyone know how that panels pops off ? I have to fix the cupholder there too...

THANK YOU.

The shifter bulb can burn out -- don't remember anyone on a forum replacing one on an LS430. Attached is a diagram for the 02 LS430 shifter with the part number for the bulb highlighted. I replaced the burned out shifter bulb on our Camry a few weeks ago -- don't laugh, the replacement routine is probably similar ... required removing the shifter bezel and unscewing/unbolting the shift indicator housing and lifting it up a few inches to access the bulb.

Here is a recent thread about the cupholder: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=cupholder

I can't tell you about your mirror -- probably the mirror itself. The mirror control system is quite complex with the memory functions and all. There are probalby diagnostic routines in the service manuals on how to figure out which part is the problem. You can download this information from https://techinfo.toyota.com with a short term subscription if no one else has any ideas.

post-2157-1269033969_thumb.png