Service Indications

Hi Guys.

In october last year I bought a 2006 Lexus IS250. I like the car but I am a bit surprised about it with regards to servicing.

Last week my brake pads made a howling/annoying noise while braking. turned out that the brake pads were gone and the mechanical indicators started making the noise when getting in touch with the disc. It was not what i expected from a luxury car, but it made me go to the garage quick:-) and it seems to be normal for a japanese car (what i've been told). The manual doesn't say too much about this, I maybe expected an electronic indicator light like in my previous car, a simple vw golf.

Now I am reading further in the manual and I do not see any information in the manual about a service indications. I've now driven 10.000km's and I expect the service interval at 15 or 20.000km's. will the display show me any message if service is coming up? my Golf started indicating with a message 'service in 3000km's'.

what will my lexus tell me?

• 1 year later...