Replacing Power Steering Pump - 2000 Gs300

Is there anything special to replacing the power steering pump on a Lexus GS300? I figure im just going to get into it but was curious if there is anything I need to look out for before I start.

Thanks,

Casey

Is there anything special to replacing the power steering pump on a Lexus GS300? I figure im just going to get into it but was curious if there is anything I need to look out for before I start.

Thanks,

Casey

Hello Casey,

I own a 2002 GS300. I considered the same when I begin hearing sound that would only give up with steering wheel pressure in right/left turn. After quote from dealer ($835, negotiated down to $695) I checked around. Looked online for parts, read the posts, looked under hood and contemplated.

I understand that you want to be sure resouivor <sp> is included in parts and replacement. While I am mechanically minded, I opted to take it in for repair. I think with the dealer pricing there must be something special :P Check with a local shop or take a dive. Curious to hear from others and what they recommend, as I want to see if I got the "special" treatment.

Not sure this is much help, but wish you the best. cheaha bill

BTW: I recently had the timing belt, water pump, drive belts replaced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

special treatment is bs in my opinion. its a direct bolt on for them. take the serpentine belt off, replace the pump and reservoir. the reason they quoted you that is because its got a nice "L" badge on the front and the back. thats the only reason.lol