Lease Buyout Of My 2009 Ls460

Hello,

I purchased my LS460 in Jan 09. It has only 11,000 miles on it and is basically in brand new condition. I have a friend who sells BMWs and he has offered to "trade in" my lease for a 7 series. He said I need to find out the payoff of my lease (I called TMCC and it's $51,000). Then he would just pay off the lease and give us $3000 additional money toward the lease of a 2010 7 series Beemer.

I called TMCC and they said that is fine and there are no early termination penalties or additional expenses. This seems too good to be true so I am asking for advice here. It seems that the Blue Book is slightly above my payoff quote so this would be a good deal for me. We live in CA and I guess there are no additional taxes to pay either?

I would appreciate any and all advice about terminating the lease early. Please though don't give me advice about Lexus vs BMW. I am interested in making the trade for a personal reason so I don't want to debate the merits of each.

Thanks so much in advance,

Katherine