Rx300 Door Actuator

Kipp Noble

Hi everybody! Ok so here’s my problem. I purchased a used actuator for my 02’s drivers door, installed it, and ended up with no difference (still does not work). My question then is this besides the obvious that the used part is also bad, is there a relay/fuse/something that would cause just one actuator to not function. Thanks in advance for any help given. Kipp

Hi everybody! Ok so here’s my problem. I purchased a used actuator for my 02’s drivers door, installed it, and ended up with no difference (still does not work). My question then is this besides the obvious that the used part is also bad, is there a relay/fuse/something that would cause just one actuator to not function. Thanks in advance for any help given. Kipp

Kipp- How did you determine that the original was bad? Other than the obvious, that it wasn't working. I realize that you didn't know, but I have had these actuators apart (you have to split them apart with a razor knife (better stated, cut them apart)), and I would NEVER even think of buying a used one. They are destined to fail in time, nothing you can do about it. The cheap little $1. Chinese motor in them is just that, cheap! You can test the actuator in place. Pull the door panel off and locate the blue/red tracer and the blue/yellow tracer in the loom that goes to the actuator. B/R is lock and B/Y is unlock. tap into those 2 wires (should be able to push a pin through the center of each wire and use a hot wire and ground wire and just reverse them to go the other way. You're bypassing everything else that way and if they don't work then, pretty clear they're no good. Use the $5. piggyback method that so many of us have used and if it ever goes bad again, it only costs you another $5. to replace it. Good Luck!