90 Ls400 Timing Belt Question

sebastor

Slorick. Thank you. I asked few other and they think it was completed as well. I guess i will give them a call and ask anyway. Just to make sure.

But based on that order timing belt was done at 95542 and now i have 162k, so i'm good to go til at least 200k if not 250k.

One thing i noticed is either water pump or steering pump make louder then expected ball bearing noices coming from that area, although water

pump and steering pump was changed also. Weird. Better it will be steering pump not water pump. Thanks guys for your help. Any more input appreciated.

If water pump has been replaced and you hear noises from that area it very well could be the "cooling fan bearing bracket" this sits on the front of the block and the fan and its clutch are bolted on it. It looks like water pumps on chevy's and fords used to look back in the day. the bearing can seize up and cause the serpintine belt to melt and break apart. it took me 4hrs to remove the bracket and install a new one. Good Luck!