Trouble With Mobile 1 Oil Filters

diverchris

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I purchased two Mobile 1 oil filters M1-102 from the States as they cannot be purchased in Canada. This is the filter Mobile 1 indicated was for my 05 RX330.

So I was at the Toyota dealer today for an oil change. However, to my dismay the Mobile 1 filter would only partially threaded. So the technician tried the other filter, and it did not work either. So at the end of the day a Toyota oil filter was put on.

I send an email to Mobile 1 from the dealership, still waiting for a response.

Any suggestions?

Hi

I use the M1-102 on both our RX330 and SC430, no issues here. Just changed the RX330 oil on Monday too. Sounds sort of fishy too me, did you try to thread it yourself? Sounds like the M1-102 was cross threaded.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I purchased two Mobile 1 oil filters M1-102 from the States as they cannot be purchased in Canada. This is the filter Mobile 1 indicated was for my 05 RX330.

So I was at the Toyota dealer today for an oil change. However, to my dismay the Mobile 1 filter would only partially threaded. So the technician tried the other filter, and it did not work either. So at the end of the day a Toyota oil filter was put on.

Any suggestions?

I wish the problem was cross-threading, but no. Still waiting for Mobile 1 to respond to my email.

Hi

I use the M1-102 on both our RX330 and SC430, no issues here. Just changed the RX330 oil on Monday too. Sounds sort of fishy too me, did you try to thread it yourself? Sounds like the M1-102 was cross threaded.

Hello,

Any suggestions?

I wish the problem was cross-threading, but no. Still waiting for Mobile 1 to respond to my email.
Hi

Hello,

Any suggestions?