How Critical Are Headlight Ass'y Tabs To Fit/function?

astar617

I need to replace my passenger side (RH) headlight !Removed!'y on my 96 LS400 due to a badly cracked lens. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding any boneyards in MA with LS400s or anyone parting out a 95-97 anywhere right now, and I really don't want to spend $175+ for an aftermarket replacement.

I have the chance to buy a used one for $140 (still way more than I was really looking to spend) but a tab is broken per the description. How critical will this broken tab be once the !Removed!'y is secured in place with the other bolts etc? Any firsthand experience appreciated. I'd just as soon break down and drop the $175 if it will be a big deal down the road, since I have to renew my inspection sticker ASAP. :(

TIA

For the differnce in price I would go with the new one

Have a look here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...sQ5fAccessories

Thanks, I think that's the same seller I was considering, except I found a listing for $175 w/free shipping (same total, yes, but this matters if I end up needing a refund; usually original shipping is deducted from the refunded amount).

Both those prices are way over what I would expect to pay a boneyard or someone parting out, though. *sigh*