Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator

mrbutz1

Greetings!

Anyone know of a thread or step by step to replacing the fuel pressure regulator on '94 ES300? Midas is asking $365 but the part is just $75 at the local AutoZone and I feel like it might be something I can do. I have some capability, but limited tools, etc...

Would appreciate any help.

--michael

Fairly straightforward, just make sure that you lubricate the new oring with a little bit of vasoline, and that you push it in straight. Also it is a good idea to disconnect the battery, and wait untill the engine is cold ( some fuel will spray out when you disconnect the old regulator ). If you really want some diagrams, PM me with your email and I will send you some.

Fairly straightforward, just make sure that you lubricate the new oring with a little bit of vasoline, and that you push it in straight. Also it is a good idea to disconnect the battery, and wait untill the engine is cold ( some fuel will spray out when you disconnect the old regulator ). If you really want some diagrams, PM me with your email and I will send you some.

Many thanks, have PM'd you.

Anyone think the vacuum tubing can just be replaced on this instead off the regulator itself? It's the tubing that's ruptured (completely...how is the engine still running?!), I think the reg is still working...? Guy at Midas says tubing will rupture again unless new reg. Would rather save $$ since selling this car in the spring.

Thanks!