2007 Rx350 Brakes

Does anyone know if the RX 350 has the software to shut off fuel if the accelerator is stuck or some other technology to prevent what appears to be happening in many toyota and some ES models? Thank you

Does anyone know if the RX 350 has the software to shut off fuel if the accelerator is stuck or some other technology to prevent what appears to be happening in many toyota and some ES models? Thank you

Your owner's manual probably states top speed is governed to 112. Check the book.

Your owner's manual probably states top speed is governed to 112. Check the book.

112 mph is still fast to hit something. If motor keeps accelerating, I would suggest using the technique outlined elsewhere: slip the gear lever to N (neutral) and use the brakes to stop. In direct response to your question: 'no, I have not read anywhere that Toyota (Lexus) have what some other brands (e.g. MB, BMW, Infinity, Honda etc...) have, i.e. automatic throttling down of engine when the brake pedal is depressed.'

He is not talking about the speed limiter, he is talking about the new safety software that Toyota have develop to idle the engine if the driver hits the brakes and the sensor detects that the car is not slowing down.

The future plan is for Lexus to install this software into most of their cars and SUVs from the factory. Rumor has it that Lexus is planning to retrofit the software into existing cars and SUVs. I am not sure rather this will be done thru a recall or TSB.

• 1 month later...