450h Tire Replacement

looked back and only found something on 400h... I have the run flat tires on the car right now and they need replacing. I assume we should stay with those?? Any differing opinions?

If not- should we stay with the factory brand or does anyone have success with other brands/recommendations?

My Corvette had runflat tires from the factory but when it came time to replace them, I went with non-runflats, a tire repair kit, small 12V compressor, some pliers and an aluminum lift jack. The difference in ride quality was staggering - much smoother. Runflat tires typically weigh 6 lbs more than non-runflat tires (18" size), so that explains some of the ride quality improvements. The other reason for the ride change is that the sidewalls of most runflat tires is much stiffer than that of non-runflat tires.

And since I hadn't had a catastrophic blowout in 20 years, odds are in my favor. Most tire leaks are slow enough so that you can get to a tire shop. Often, the nail that punctures the tire provides adequate sealing. Now, there is the "peace-of-mind" factor that ecourages many folks to keep buying runflat tires. Those who take long trips or are female are typically included within that crowd.

As for brand of tires, I'd stay away from the OEM model but not necessarily the brand. Both Michelin and Goodyear make some excellent aftermarket tires and there are plenty of other manufacturers who produce very good ones as well. I generally use Consumer Reports as a quide to which ones represent the best value.