What Spare Parts Should I Have For An Sc400 Race Car?

Soren

Some friends and I found a crashed, previous salvage titled and neglected 1992 SC400 for cheap and are preparing it to run the ChumpCar series this year.

These are endurance races of cheap cars, so we can't rebuild everything due to mandated budget constraints. We can, however, stock up on used replacement parts, and many team buy entire parts cars just in case something breaks. Since the SCs are uncommon, pretty valuable, and we have one of the cheapest, a parts car may not be viable.

So, what parts are we likely to fail, or break, or damage during racing? I'm mostly concerned with mechanical parts, sensors, etc. Here's what we have, or plan to, replace

power steering pump, 17k miles old

alternator, 17k miles old

timing belt

water pump

radiator

accessory belt

distributor caps and rotors

We're probably going to be pulling the hydraulic fan and installing an electric fan, pulling the AC, gutting the interior, removing the lights, etc so I'm not concerned with any of those systems.

Anybody have any suggestions on spares we should pick up for this car?

Soren

Some friends and I found a crashed, previous salvage titled and neglected 1992 SC400 for cheap and are preparing it to run the ChumpCar series this year.

These are endurance races of cheap cars, so we can't rebuild everything due to mandated budget constraints. We can, however, stock up on used replacement parts, and many team buy entire parts cars just in case something breaks. Since the SCs are uncommon, pretty valuable, and we have one of the cheapest, a parts car may not be viable.

So, what parts are we likely to fail, or break, or damage during racing? I'm mostly concerned with mechanical parts, sensors, etc. Here's what we have, or plan to, replace

power steering pump, 17k miles old

alternator, 17k miles old

timing belt

water pump

radiator

accessory belt

distributor caps and rotors

We're probably going to be pulling the hydraulic fan and installing an electric fan, pulling the AC, gutting the interior, removing the lights, etc so I'm not concerned with any of those systems.

Anybody have any suggestions on spares we should pick up for this car?

Soren

hey i have a good parts car if youre interested, it only has the suspension components minus shocks..have coils...control arms, front and rear,rear end complete, all brakes..steering components,wheels,tires,.....make me an offer if youre interested. 141000 miles on car

hey i have a good parts car if youre interested, it only has the suspension components minus shocks..have coils...control arms, front and rear,rear end complete, all brakes..steering components,wheels,tires,.....make me an offer if youre interested. 141000 miles on car

Looks like you are in Vegas, which is a little too far away to pick this up and it's a little too much to ship. If you were closer, I'd be very tempted. Thanks for the offer, though.

Soren