Remove Hid Bulbs

ravig292

2000 Ls400 with HID Headlights

how do i remove the hid bulbs?

i want to change them from the original 4300k to 6000k

the stupid lexus manual doesnt tell you how to do it. instead they say come to us because we dont know how to handle it.

thats a bunch of bs to get money.

the bulb is covered from the back with some housing.

how do i remove that?

I'm not totally sure how it works on the LS, but i'll take a guess. Remove the back cover by rotating it counter-clockwise until it stops, then pull it off (maybe with a little help from a screwdriver to pry it off).

Then, you'll be able to see the holder on the base of the bulb. Rotate the metal holder clockwise and pull off. Then you'll notice two metal wires holding the bulb on. Push both inwards, and pull out. Then the bulb will be free.

What bulbs are you replacing them with? The best 6000k bulbs are the philips ultinon- best intensity and reliability out of all the 6000k's.

I'm not totally sure how it works on the LS, but i'll take a guess. Remove the back cover by rotating it counter-clockwise until it stops, then pull it off (maybe with a little help from a screwdriver to pry it off).

Then, you'll be able to see the holder on the base of the bulb. Rotate the metal holder clockwise and pull off. Then you'll notice two metal wires holding the bulb on. Push both inwards, and pull out. Then the bulb will be free.

What bulbs are you replacing them with? The best 6000k bulbs are the philips ultinon- best intensity and reliability out of all the 6000k's.

thanks man ill try that tomorrow

also do u think its a good idea to upgrade my fog light to hid with a hid kit.

if i can do i need a relay harness, and how many watts 35w or 55w?

thanks man ill try that tomorrow

also do u think its a good idea to upgrade my fog light to hid with a hid kit.

if i can do i need a relay harness, and how many watts 35w or 55w?

Hmm, i guess it's safe to add an HID kit to the fogs. Usually i would say no since the fog reflectors aren't designed for an HID bulb and would cause glare, but the fog lights are so low that the glare wouldn't bother other drivers.

In my experience with Lexus lights and HID conversion, you don't need a harness. The oem halogen lights can allow for the current needed to run a 35w ballast and 35w HID bulb. Not sure about 50 or 55w though, that might be a stretch. It's sort of overkill IMO anyways <_<

I'd suggest buying a set of DENSO ballasts to run the fog HID bulbs too, so they match the factory low's. Different ballasts work differently and you might be able to see the difference.

And for the bulbs, you can buy the 6000k philips bulbs re-based in the halogen light size so they'll fit right in the fog housings <_<