Tire Sensor Light

I have a 07 RX350, is there a way to reset the tire pressure light, make it go away. I went to the place I bought the tires and they checked all including the spare and they are now at the correct psi.

Trying to save a trip to the dealership

I have a 07 RX350, is there a way to reset the tire pressure light, make it go away. I went to the place I bought the tires and they checked all including the spare and they are now at the correct psi.

There is a way to reset described in the manual, but the light should be 'out' if the tires and spare are at the proper psi.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way to reset described in the manual, but the light should be 'out' if the tires and spare are at the proper psi.

I guess the tire place didn't check it right.

I guess the tire place didn't check it right.

Did they replace the sensor assembly kit in the valve stems?

• 2 weeks later...

My TPMS had to be "re-initiated" as they called it. It was a CPO 08 RX. The psis were set too high and spare sometimes & sometimes was not the problem. A "re-initiation" to the proper 33psis on all 5 tires was they key...now, no problems...a free fix, too... :rolleyes:

Our manual (page 330 for a 2009 350) provides instructions to reset/re-register the sensors.

1. Set all five tire (including spare) pressures to desired pressures. This is critical as new alarm set point will be a function of current pressures. If any pressure is too low then warning will not illuminate until the pressure is even lower.

1. Turn ignition to On

2. Push the reset button (bottom edge of dash more or less below where key is - button faces straight down) and hold until tire warning symbol blinks three times.

3. Wait at least two full minutes until the tire warning warning light blinks out before turning key off.

I was able to answer this because I just went through the procedure tonight as my warning light came on last week. Do not make the same mistake I did and only check the four installed tires. Those pressures were good so I went through the reset procedure. I then realized I forgot the spare. It was down to 25 pounds.

Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and hold in the button (under the steering wheel ) until it blinks 3 times and then the light should go out.

Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and hold in the button (under the steering wheel ) until it blinks 3 times and then the light should go out.

This will work but DO NOT do this until you verify the pressure in all five tires is correct. Otherwise, if one or more tires are low, the system will use the lowest pressure as the "benchmark" pressure and you will not get a warning of low tire pressure until after it is no longer to safe to drive on the low tire(s).