Im New On This Fourm And Need Some Advice

Hey how u fellas doin im gettin ready to purchase a sc300 a 95 to be particular for 1700 with some oem supras wheels paint is pretty good with minor fading on the trunk. But my main concern is the car has a small mis fire that i could barely notice i faintly heard it under a low load about 2000 rpm and was wondering what you guys though about it. Does this seem like a go head or does it sound like im purchasing a problem child?

Hey how u fellas doin im gettin ready to purchase a sc300 a 95 to be particular for 1700 with some oem supras wheels paint is pretty good with minor fading on the trunk. But my main concern is the car has a small mis fire that i could barely notice i faintly heard it under a low load about 2000 rpm and was wondering what you guys though about it. Does this seem like a go head or does it sound like im purchasing a problem child?

sounds like a great deal:)

usually a low load misfire is associated with an ignition part(ie: sparkplugs, coil, plugwires, and sometimes...the ignition module) A high RPM miss is usually fuel related(ie:fuel pump, filter etc.) in this case its prolly your plugs or wires(what kind of miles are on this car?) Ask the owner when if ever a tune up was last done. I say buy it, good deals like this are few and far between. This will prolly turn out to be the most reliable car you ever own:)

post-106115-1260312944_thumb.jpg

usually a low load misfire is associated with an ignition part(ie: sparkplugs, coil, plugwires, and sometimes...the ignition module) A high RPM miss is usually fuel related(ie:fuel pump, filter etc.) in this case its prolly your plugs or wires(what kind of miles are on this car?) Ask the owner when if ever a tune up was last done. I say buy it, good deals like this are few and far between. This will prolly turn out to be the most reliable car you ever own:)

Yea its kind of a buddy of mine but you know how it goes when u spend money with freinds so im not lookig for any warranty. The car has about 150,000 miles and i kno this is ahard toanswer but on a na stock 2j na how much miles can u generally expect out of it.

Yea its kind of a buddy of mine but you know how it goes when u spend money with freinds so im not lookig for any warranty. The car has about 150,000 miles and i kno this is ahard toanswer but on a na stock 2j na how much miles can u generally expect out of it.

mine came out of a wrecker yard(theft recovery) the interior was stripped and it had been setting for the better part of 5 years(not being driven or started at all). I put a fresh battery on it, changed the fluids, tires , starter, un froze the parking brake cable and put in a new fuel pump and filter. I did all that the first weekend then started driving the car to work everyday (60 miles roundtrip) with no issues whatsoever:) Everything I did afterwards (paint, interior, etc.) was just cosmetic and has nothing to do with the car being mobile. Thats been about 7 months ago(not bad for a 16 yearold car with 167,000 miles that sat for 5 years) oh yeah, timing belt got changed 2 but thats a recommended service item. I have seen many well running sc300s with upwards of 280,000-300,000 miles:)

mine came out of a wrecker yard(theft recovery) the interior was stripped and it had been setting for the better part of 5 years(not being driven or started at all). I put a fresh battery on it, changed the fluids, tires , starter, un froze the parking brake cable and put in a new fuel pump and filter. I did all that the first weekend then started driving the car to work everyday (60 miles roundtrip) with no issues whatsoever:) Everything I did afterwards (paint, interior, etc.) was just cosmetic and has nothing to do with the car being mobile. Thats been about 7 months ago(not bad for a 16 yearold car with 167,000 miles that sat for 5 years) oh yeah, timing belt got changed 2 but thats a recommended service item. I have seen many well running sc300s with upwards of 280,000-300,000 miles:)

Dam bro u got a dimond in the rough hopefully i strike gold with this sc im lookin into ill def keep you posted and whts your thoughts on turboing the stok motor versus swapping a 1j? ANd bro kets jsut pretend money is not a issue key word here, PRETEND