1999 Lx470 Rear Heater Not Heating

jmansargent

I have a 1999 lx470 and my rear heat will not get hot. when you slide the rear heat controller to hot it will never get warm, it always blows cold air. I really need this working. it gets cold in the very back seat for the kids. I pulled out the overhead rear control unit , thinking it might have a cable attached to it going to a damper to control the hot and cold but the unit is all electronic and has only wires. I do not have a repair manual. Maybe some one can help. Thanks for your time!

I have a 1999 lx470 and my rear heat will not get hot. when you slide the rear heat controller to hot it will never get warm, it always blows cold air. I really need this working. it gets cold in the very back seat for the kids. I pulled out the overhead rear control unit , thinking it might have a cable attached to it going to a damper to control the hot and cold but the unit is all electronic and has only wires. I do not have a repair manual. Maybe some one can help. Thanks for your time!

I have attached a section of the 2004 TLC wiring diagram that might provide some guidance.

Rear_Heater_Control_for_2004_Toyota_Landcruiser_Electrical_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

I have attached a section of the 2004 TLC wiring diagram that might provide some guidance.

Thanks very much lakers. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks for your time!

It looks like the rear heat from the rear a/c controller will only work on the floor at the second row of seats. The middle heating unit is under the front console between the front two seats under the carpet and is for heating and cooling. It has a airmix servo motor for hot or cold air . The rear cooling unit comes on when the rear a/c unit is selected to top vents. The top vents will not heat because the rear unit is a cooling unit only and is not for heat and is located on the inside of the passengers side quarter panel. Two separate units that does two separate things from the rear a/c controller. I pulled the side panel on rear off anf it does not have a air mix servo motor. I hope I'm correct. Let me know if anyone gets any heat out of their top vents?