06 400h Battery Issue

Just returned home from a short round trip and a stop at the Supermarket. My wife went in while I attemped to enter an address into the GPS. She was in the store about 15 minutes during which I had the motor and lights off. She came out, I powered everything up and drove home (about a mile). Then sat in the car for another 20 minutes powered down except for the GPS and continued my quest as to why it would not accept "County Highway H" or any variations of same. I figured it out finally (CR-H) and was about to power down when the GPS began to flicker and went black. Dash lights were ok, as were interior lights and radio, but the car wouldn't go to"Ready." I took out the key, waited about 2 minutes and it started normally with the GPS display fully operational.

Could I have killed the battery messing with the GPS for 35 minutes with engine off??

Thoughts appreciated.

Stu

yes you dropped below the nine volts required to start the main battery. have them check the starting battery and do a load check , i think that will fix it, also reset the isc after a new battery if u get one

yes you dropped below the nine volts required to start the main battery. have them check the starting battery and do a load check , i think that will fix it, also reset the isc after a new battery if u get one

What he said. I had the same thing happen when I first got my RX and was playing around with the NAV. If you ever go to a drive-in theatre, you'll have to leave the vehicle in READY mode, and it will cycle on and off as your stereo drains the traction batter. I can't imagine it's good for the battery, so I tend to take my wife's car when going to the drive-in.