Synthetic Motor Oil

rfcbuf

My 2004 RX 330 (45,000 miles) runs great with regular 5W-30 oil and regular changes at 3,000 miles. With so many good reports on Synthetic oil , I may change to a Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 on the next oil change and keep the vehicle using a synthetic oil for the future. Has any one done this and are there any advantages besides longer change intervals. I know the cost per quart will be considerably higher.

My 2004 RX 330 (45,000 miles) runs great with regular 5W-30 oil and regular changes at 3,000 miles. With so many good reports on Synthetic oil , I may change to a Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 on the next oil change and keep the vehicle using a synthetic oil for the future. Has any one done this and are there any advantages besides longer change intervals. I know the cost per quart will be considerably higher.

There has been much (and sometimes acrimonious) debate about synthetics vs. dino. oils. I changed my old 99RX300 to synthetic and 'felt' a difference. (Yes, I know, I did not dyno. it and cannot guarantee results, but it felt like the difference between a 'cold' day and a 'hot and muggy' day). So, I would be in favour of it. I have been changing oil every 5000 miles or one year, which comes first (even though my BMW requires changes only every 15K miles or one year, which is first). The advantages seem to be more 'accepted' in a cold weather environment. However, since I changed to Mobil 1 on three cars (old Cadillac Seville, MB190 2,6 and RX300) and each time 'felt' a difference, I am a partisan of the synthetic oil.

I have just began using Royal Purple after being on a blend for a while. Is 10K miles recommended between oil changes? Can you share your experience with the product? Thanks!

I have an 05 RX330 and I use Royal Purple or Mobile 1 synthetic oil and the synthetic oil filters. I change my oil every 10 000 kms or 6250 miles

I always change at 10K. I have all RP products in my car, tranny, diff, transfer case, engine and coolant addictive. I have no complaints. I take my vehicle on very long trips every couple of months and I've never experienced any problems. I hope this helps,

Chris

I have just began using Royal Purple after being on a blend for a while. Is 10K miles recommended between oil changes? Can you share your experience with the product? Thanks!
I have an 05 RX330 and I use Royal Purple or Mobile 1 synthetic oil and the synthetic oil filters. I change my oil every 10 000 kms or 6250 miles

I always change at 10K. I have all RP products in my car, tranny, diff, transfer case, engine and coolant addictive. I have no complaints. I take my vehicle on very long trips every couple of months and I've never experienced any problems. I hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Chris

Thanks Chris.