Used 2005 Lx470 - Purchase?

jbjones7950

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 LX470 with 88,000 milles from a friend. The SUV was purchased new and has been serviced per Lexus schedule. New tires and just had 90,000 mile service done (including replacing timing belt). My friend is asking $27,500.

I've not purchased a used vehicle with this many miles before and am a little concerned re: problems that might crop up over next 50,000 miles or so. Both the bumper to bumper and drivetrain warranties have expired because of the mileage.

Thoughts? Advise? Opinions on price?

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 LX470 with 88,000 milles from a friend. The SUV was purchased new and has been serviced per Lexus schedule. New tires and just had 90,000 mile service done (including replacing timing belt). My friend is asking $27,500.

I've not purchased a used vehicle with this many miles before and am a little concerned re: problems that might crop up over next 50,000 miles or so. Both the bumper to bumper and drivetrain warranties have expired because of the mileage.

Thoughts? Advise? Opinions on price?

I have some advice. This is a deal, barring any unforeseen disclosures. However, these cars were designed for the " upper crust " of the car world and with that comes some pricey fixes. Your not gonna stroll into a Lexus dealer and get the " hook up. " Every time you leave there it will be 1000k plus, in fixes. Also, what are you going to use the car for ? Hopefully you load it full of honey's and roll to the club with it. Otherwise, you are wasting your time !