Tpms Light Goes On Intermittently

bainzey

Since about last week my TPMS light goes on, but not all of the time. It went on once last week. When I restarted, it went off. And didn't come back on until this morning. All of the tires “appear” to be OK. I haven't actually checked the pressure as I don't have a gauge with me, but I will on my way home.

Any ideas what can be causing this. And how many PSI under the recommended pressure will cause it to go on?

Since about last week my TPMS light goes on, but not all of the time. It went on once last week. When I restarted, it went off. And didn't come back on until this morning. All of the tires “appear” to be OK. I haven't actually checked the pressure as I don't have a gauge with me, but I will on my way home.

Any ideas what can be causing this. And how many PSI under the recommended pressure will cause it to go on?

If you restarted after driving a while the tires may have heated up enough to raise the pressue beyond the light's trigger point.

Colder weather will reduce the pressue enough for the light to go on. The tires should be checked monthly anyway.

The TPMS can be reset to whatever you like. Do a search for posts on the procedure.

Don't forget to check the spare since it is monitored as well.