Tire Replacement

dugg

Currently own my second LS and would not even consider driving the RWD LS in St. Paul winters w/o winter tires. I have a second set of wheels that the winter tires are mounted on and have them changed out with the summer tires around April and Nov. You will find the winter tires make a HUGE difference in traction and steering on ice and snow. I went with Winterforce tires from Firestone, about 60% of the cost of Blizzaks. Blizzaks are great tires but I have found the Winterforce to do the trick for me. I am happy with Kumho Solus KH16s summer tires - very quiet and smooth riding. By going with specific seasonal tires you get the best for each season - not a compromise like an all season tire.

Your Indiana winters may be more mild and you may be able to get by with good all season tires. I recommend going to Tirerack.com to research the different types. Good luck.

I also bought a set of Firestone Winterforce snow tires for my wife's ES330 (225/60-TR-16). Got them mounted on sweet alloys, balanced, and delivered for about $750. Driving in snow without snowtires is just asking for trouble. Yeah, $750 might seem like a lot but what is your collision deductable? mine is $1000. I really like the Winterforce and you should easily get 3-4 seasons on them. Blizzaks handle better but wear out after one good season. tirerack.com is the place to go read all the reviews.