1999 Ls 400

Troyhead

Good morning,

Was driving last night and notice that the "Duel" button on the AC control unit is no longer lit up.

Is this a light bulb replacement? Can the repair be done from the front of the AC controller?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy

Was driving last night and notice that the "Duel" button on the AC control unit is no longer lit up.

The "Duel" botton must have been only on cars sold in Mississippi -- I assume weapons have to be selected after pressing it. ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Here is a link to instructions on how to replace the HVAC control module bulbs in an older LS without the "Dual" button: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/cl...cklighting.html I don't know if the procedure is the same in the later LS400 with dual climate controls.

Also, at the top of the LS400 forum is a "pinned" thread that has addresses and phone numbers of companies that repair the HVAC control LCD and replace the bulbs. Here is a link to it: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83

Also, I've seen used HVAC control modules with the dual function on eBay for around $100.

You will have to remove the center air vents and console trim to remove the HVAC/radio assembly which is held in by four 10 mm bolts. Links to instructions have been posted here many times.

Good morning,

Spelling is a weak subject here in Mississippi, I'm sure the country knows. With the way that the country thinks of Mississippi, I'm surprised we are allowed to own a Lexus here!

I should clarify, The "Dual" button on the 1999 LS has two lights; a green light that lets one know that the dual system is in use and a white backlight that allows one to find the button when there is not enough light. The white backlight on the button is out.

I read the tutorial about changing the LCD, that is not an issue at this time but thank you for the guidance. I read somewhere that resoldering the contacts on the LCD has been a solution as well.

Back to the issue at hand, is this a light bulb? If so, can it be changed from the front panel? If not, is there any guidance that can be passed on to make this repair.

Thanks again,

Troy