First Experience With Dealer/warranty Work

craig27

Hey all,

I have an 07 with 42k miles that I bought back in June. This car is just awesome. I love driving it to work everyday. Since then, I have been compiling a list of items that I want to get fixed before the warranty runs out. This board has been an excellent source of info for me.

I just dropped the car off on Friday, and drove away in an 09 ES350 loaner. So far I have had a positive experience. Since I usually do all of my own maintenance, I am leery of giving up my car to someone. But, since it is warranty work, I couldn't pass that up.

I think I had 8 issues (all known TSBs) for them to address. I'll let you know how it goes.

Curious to hear what warranty work you are having performed. I have an 07 ES-350 and the only thing I have had done under warranty after 38,000 miles is the key fob batteries replaced. Since my warranty will be up soon what items should I have checked?

:huh:

Here is the list I gave them. I had printed out the first page of the TSBs, which the service rep more than willing to take, as he said it would help eliminate some research on the mechanics part.

1. Front A/C occasionally blows white dust out of the vents.

2. MP3 player, when powered from the vehicles 12V supply and plugged into the Aux input, is distorted due to feedback issue.

3. Front window makes a ticking noise.

4. Rear A/C sometimes blows hot air when blowing cold out of the front.

5. Rattling noise from the dash on rough pavement (esp now that its getting cold)

6. Odd shifting behavior from the tranny. (there were actually a couple different TSBs I supplied for this one, as I was not sure exactly which one fit my problem. Seemed to be a bit of both)

Just to be clear; When I said I was compiling a list, I meant these are things that I have noticed in the car and been keeping track of. I just re-read my original post and I don't want anyone to think I was just TSB shopping...