Rx300 Liftgate Won't Open

ltannar

I bought a used 2001 RX300 recently. The day after I bought it the liftgate wouldn't open any more. The car is unlocked and I can hear the mechanism locking and unlocking. So far I've taken off the inner carpeted panel and examined the mechanism. Even if I pull on the cable to open the liftgate nothing happens. It seems the (actuator)? won't disengage from the striker. I've ordered a new actuautor and striker. Does anyone know how to replace this part? I'm in need of some serious help here. The only other thing that I've tried was removing the four bolts at the botton near the striker, that gave about an inch of play. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I bought a used 2001 RX300 recently. The day after I bought it the liftgate wouldn't open any more. The car is unlocked and I can hear the mechanism locking and unlocking. So far I've taken off the inner carpeted panel and examined the mechanism. Even if I pull on the cable to open the liftgate nothing happens. It seems the (actuator)? won't disengage from the striker. I've ordered a new actuautor and striker. Does anyone know how to replace this part? I'm in need of some serious help here. The only other thing that I've tried was removing the four bolts at the botton near the striker, that gave about an inch of play. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

When i first posted this I had the part names wrong, I corrected them to the best of my knowledge but am not even sure if I ordered the correct parts now that they have arrived. Hopefully someone knows something about replacing these parts.

sorry to hear about that. however, I recall reading about the exact same situation on this forum. try searching for it. I hasn't happened to me (yet).

Turns out I did order the wrong parts!! A friend of mine managed to get the liftgate to open but now it won't close. Seems there are some chards of metal in the lock assembly, so I'll be ordering that part. Pictures on parts websites are primiitve so hopefully this is all that's needed.