New Sirius Oem Tuner For Lexus ?

I've been looking for a suitable OEM Sirius tuner for my 09 ES530 since I leased it last year...

I decided to stay away from the current Sirius Toyota tuner and adapter since I read that the manufacturer, Directed Electronics, is no longer producing these for Sirius.

As of my last service visit (8/09), my local dealer claims that there is a "new" Lexus OEM Sirius unit that can be installed in the trunk like the existing XM unit for $650 installed :censored: (yikes !!!!)

Is anyone familiar with this? If so, can you please provide me with a part number?

I'd like to install this myself, if it exists...

Thanks,

EBM

• 1 month later...
I've been looking for a suitable OEM Sirius tuner for my 09 ES530 since I leased it last year...

I decided to stay away from the current Sirius Toyota tuner and adapter since I read that the manufacturer, Directed Electronics, is no longer producing these for Sirius.

As of my last service visit (8/09), my local dealer claims that there is a "new" Lexus OEM Sirius unit that can be installed in the trunk like the existing XM unit for $650 installed :censored: (yikes !!!!)

Is anyone familiar with this? If so, can you please provide me with a part number?

I'd like to install this myself, if it exists...

Thanks,

EBM

VaisTech offers up the SL2S which they say will accomodate the Sirius system. check into that..... www.vaistech.com

• 1 month later...

My dealer here in Charleston told me they cannot do Sirius, only XM but gave me the name of an independent contractor who put in the sirius tuner and made it compatible with my nav/sound system on the 09 RX350 for just a couple of hundred, and they installed it in my driveway. It has worked fine.

Maybe your dealer can rec. same.

Larry