2000 Rx300 Remotes Only Work Part Time

chrislindy

Both remotes suddenly stopped working a few months ago. Changed both batteries, went thru the sequence to reprogram. Nothing. Now in the past few weeks, they function fine one day, nothing the next. I am convinced that the remotes are fine. Is there an area I should in checking in the car itself. A loose or corroded wire?? HELP!! Trying to avoid dealer. By the way they are working today. First time since last Wednesday. :(

Both remotes suddenly stopped working a few months ago. Changed both batteries, went thru the sequence to reprogram. Nothing. Now in the past few weeks, they function fine one day, nothing the next. I am convinced that the remotes are fine. Is there an area I should in checking in the car itself. A loose or corroded wire?? HELP!! Trying to avoid dealer. By the way they are working today. First time since last Wednesday. :(

I had this problem with a previous car, the mechanical part of the button, the part underneath the rubber cover that you actually touch, broke loose from the circuit board inside the remote. It was soldered on four corners to the circuit board. Once it broke loose, it was able to move around inside the remote but in the general area of the button. Sometimes pushing the button didn't work because the mechanical part of the button wasn't engaged, or because it wasn't in a location to provide an electrical connection on the circuit board. Other times it would be in the right spot and worked.

I have not had reason to open up the Lexus remote to see if the design is the same, but I would not rule out the possibility that there may be a loose connection inside your remote that is the problem.