Gs350 Tire Question!

KeithB

My car has the OEM Michelin Primacy HP tires and the have 31,000 miles on them and need to be replaced soon. The Primacy HP's are very loud and I do not want to go with them this time. In the interest of going to a "quiet" tire, I am considering the Michelin Primacy MXV4 in a 245-45-R18 instead of the 245-40-R18's on the car now.

Is there any negative impact on changing the tire size from 40 to 45?? I realize I will give up some performance in doing this but I am looking for a quieter tire with a better wear rating (60,000 Miles on the MXV4)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

If you go to the 245/40-18 tire the speedometer will read 60mph however, the actual speed will be 62.2mph (3.7% faster).

Reputable tire shops will not mount a different size tire if it changes the speedometer more than 2%.

steviej

Thanks for the response steve. If I go wth the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in the OEM Size 245-40-18 will they be quiet????? That's really what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Keith