2007 Gs 350 Run Flats

cherrypik73

Hi everyone,

I have a 2007 GS 350 AWD with run flats that needs tires before the winter. I like to purchase the Michelin® Pilot® Sport A/S Plus. Can anyone confirm Michelin® Pilot® Sport A/S Plus are run flats? If not, do I have to purchase a special sensor for each tire?

Other tire recommendations are welcomed...

Thanks!

They are not run flat tires but they are an awesome tire.

when you replace the tires, you do not need to replace the TPMS sensor. This sensor is incorporatated into the valve stem assembly and is attached to the rim. However, when you replace the tires, it is a good practice to replace the gromets and o-rings in the valve stem/TPMS. Any good tire shop will be able to do this. You do not need run flat tires for the TPMS system to work.

I actually dumped my run farts last year for a set of the Pilot Sport A/S (on 18" rims for spring thru fall) and 17" Pilot Alpin PA3s strictly for winter use.

steviej

Costco should know what to do with the valves, it is a very common and recommended practice.

If they have no idea what you are talking about then take you business elswhere.

The alignment doesn't hurt, is good to do and for the price is worth the investment.

My tire shop offers a free alignment check with the purchase of a new set of tires. If it is out of spec, then they will ask me if I want it done. If they do it, then it is $79.95 for all four tires.

steviej