My 00 Es300

Nacmias

Hi. New member just sharing my car. Its a 2000 ES300, 130,000 and my 6th car (Im only 20). Seems that all my other cars cant handle me. Previous cars were a 1989 Mercedes-Benz 300SE, 1991 BMW 318i, 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE, 2000 Toyota Camry 4cyl, and a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t. My father owns a dealership, so I only paid $5,000 for this. Almost mint condition considering its an older car. Options include heated seats, 6 disc CD changer, and factory HID's. I love the way these cars ride, very smooth. It could be a little quicker off the line, but when your on the highway, it has no problem getting up to 80. My plans are to keep it stock, Im really not into modifying cars, and hope this one will last me a few years. I took this one pic with my cellphone, but will take more when I get a chance, Im busy with school. Also, are their any other more active Lexus forums? A lot of these topics dont seem to get many replies. The VW Forum I was on was very active, always new threads and posts.

post-24163-1253659632_thumb.jpg

Each car model forum you subscribe to will have a different clientele, dependent upon the type of person who own that particular model. I've been fortunate enough to have the resources to own 6 vehicles, and consequently follow forums on each of the separate cars, and the forum members and the responses to each are all over the map.

For me, the best one is the forum for my 1954 MG. The members are all in their 60's and older. They are knowledgeable, hands on experts who share freely and you get an answer for every question you ask in minutes, usually many.

The people using the Tbird forum for my 55 Thunderbird are few and far between. You can go for a week on that forum and never get an answer, and then fvrequently get an answer from somebody who obviously hasn't been in the back yard long enough as a backyard mechanic.

The members of the 300ZX forum for my 90 300ZX are all tuner kids who drive you nuts with the way they pound these cars and then wonder why they broke, or want to know how to turbo charge a non turbo car when they could have just bought the turbo charged model and saved themselves the grief of mistake after mistake.

Just as bad is the diesel truck forum for the truck I use for towing my fifth wheel trailer. Like the tuner kids above, they can't throw money away fast enough for chip kits and big tires and skyjacker kits. The macho comments abound.

The members of the Subaru forum for my OutBack appear to be a mixture of all of the above, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

And then there is this forum. Here the Lexus brand seems to attract a lot of people who pay someone else to fix their car. There are few members who are really knowledgeable about these cars, some tuner kids, and a lot of others who fall somewhere in the middle. You may be well advised to subscribe to as many other Lexus forums as you can find, as well as this one, in order to get all of the answers you require. Good Luck!

Each car model forum you subscribe to will have a different clientele, dependent upon the type of person who own that particular model. I've been fortunate enough to have the resources to own 6 vehicles, and consequently follow forums on each of the separate cars, and the forum members and the responses to each are all over the map.

For me, the best one is the forum for my 1954 MG. The members are all in their 60's and older. They are knowledgeable, hands on experts who share freely and you get an answer for every question you ask in minutes, usually many.

The people using the Tbird forum for my 55 Thunderbird are few and far between. You can go for a week on that forum and never get an answer, and then fvrequently get an answer from somebody who obviously hasn't been in the back yard long enough as a backyard mechanic.

The members of the 300ZX forum for my 90 300ZX are all tuner kids who drive you nuts with the way they pound these cars and then wonder why they broke, or want to know how to turbo charge a non turbo car when they could have just bought the turbo charged model and saved themselves the grief of mistake after mistake.

Just as bad is the diesel truck forum for the truck I use for towing my fifth wheel trailer. Like the tuner kids above, they can't throw money away fast enough for chip kits and big tires and skyjacker kits. The macho comments abound.

The members of the Subaru forum for my OutBack appear to be a mixture of all of the above, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

And then there is this forum. Here the Lexus brand seems to attract a lot of people who pay someone else to fix their car. There are few members who are really knowledgeable about these cars, some tuner kids, and a lot of others who fall somewhere in the middle. You may be well advised to subscribe to as many other Lexus forums as you can find, as well as this one, in order to get all of the answers you require. Good Luck!

Thank you for the very informative response. I too have been on several forums for the all the vehicles I have been fortunate to own, and as welll as you, every forum has been different. Surprisingly, I am the type of "kid" that likes stock more then ricer kids. My father has his share of classics. 1969 Road Runner 62 Vette, 63 Split Window Vette, 84 Cadillac Eldorado convertible that he bought in 86, my mother drives an 05 Cayenne, and my sister drives an 03 S500.

I was just surprised that this forum was not as active as the other ones that I have been on. What I have noticed are that the people who are subscribed to this forum, and who drive Lexus' in general are more mature individuals who are more concerned about the necessities about their vehicles instead of intakes and rims like the other forums then I have been subscribed to.

I am thankful the response, and I rather be in a forum that is not all about HID's and turbos and people who have vast knowledge about the cars they drive. I also apologise about any mistakes on my spelling, I did this quick on my Blackberry. Thank you, Jim.

Also, are their any other more active Lexus forums? A lot of these topics dont seem to get many replies. The VW Forum I was on was very active, always new threads and posts.

You could try the other "Club" forum, but it is the same in the ES model. The ES is more of a "Country Club Cruiser" as my friends would say so there isn't too much activity here. It is driven mostly by older people and/or people that can afford to have someone else work on their cars. You'll get more of the "I had that problem and my mechanic replaced ABC part" than the DIY posts here.

I had a Passat (and an Audi A4) and I can attest to the activity in VW forums. (Thank God there are good VW forums or I would have been hosed). My take on it is that VWs have so many more mechanical and electrical problems when compared to Lexus so naturally there are going to be more posts and therefore more activity on the VW forums. VW's tend to be driven by younger drivers who are more internet savy and who are also concerned with performance and appearance "mods" where this crowd seems to prefer stock. With a few exceptions, these cars are pretty much bulletproof and driven mostly by people that don't do their own work on cars so the activity level is a lot less over here when compared to VW.

That aside, the information base here is good and if you are patient, there are good replies by members on this forum. There are also some DIY posts here and alot of knowledge. Don't give up on us, but be patient.

Thanks for the info guys. Though my Jetta had tons of problems, I loved the car. Solid as a rock, and definitely more safe then Toyota. Since my father has a dealership/repair shop, all I paid for was cost for it. Down side was the parts for the Jetta was too much. $275 for a power steering hose, $350 for a window regulator, much more then the parts for the Lexus would be. As of right now, this Lexus is a really good, smooth, reliable car (I am a poor college kid). I do prefer German, but only way I will buy another one if is is new, or has an extended warranty.