A Couple Problems With 95 Sc

tmh95sc

Hello everyone... this is my first post on this forum. I have a 95 sc400, and I am having a few problems. The first is when the A/C is on... the car drives terrible, no power at all! And when I go to turn the a/c off while the car is on, it drops my rpm's to the point where it usually dies, it's like turning my car off.

The second usually happens when I'm stopped at a light or in park. The engine starts rumbling like it is running out of gas. Very seldom does it happen when I'm actually moving, but it has before. It's been kind of sluggish when I take off from being stopped, like enough gas isn't getting to the engine or something. I just replaced the throttle switch so it can't be that...

I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions... Thanks!

Hi tmh,

I had the idle problem as well, fixed that by adjusting the Throttle Position Sensor. The SC has two butterfly valves on the intake, one is throttle (to turn her on), the other is TRAC (to shut you down). You can search the forums for the PDF of the service manual, which has "how to adjust it" with a volt-meter, etc. However it can be done if you loosen the screws (3mm) and turn ever-so-slightly, test, adjust, rinse + repeat, etc.

I would recommend taking off all that stuff and cleaning up the intake body as well.

As for the AC- eh that's not a good sign. Can't help you there.

good luck,

-Graham

94SC400 / 280k miles