2001 Es300 P1135/p1155: Need Original Part Numbers

lookingatx

Hello,

I have a 2001 Lexus ES300 and I have the error codes P1135 and P1155. Since I have 117K on my car, I was going to go ahead and change both Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 Sensor 1. The trouble I am having is getting the part numbers for those two sensors so that I can get them off Ebay (as opposed to paying $$$ to the dealer). I did a comprehensive search on Ebay and it seems they either have sensors for 1999 - 2000 ES300 or 2002 and up ES300. Is 2001 ES300 a completely different sensor all together?

I pulled the following parts from toyodiy.com

MCV20 (2001 ES300 North America)

89467-41020 Rear

89467-41021 Rear

89467-41030 Rear

89467-41040 Front

89467-48010 Front

89467-48011 Front

I am confused because the website has three different part numbers for each of the sensors. Can someone please help in choosing which is the correct part number (or are they all same parts with different numbers). Also, If anyone has had success with using DENSO, canyou please give me the part number for those?

Thanks a lot!!

Hello,

I have a 2001 Lexus ES300 and I have the error codes P1135 and P1155. Since I have 117K on my car, I was going to go ahead and change both Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 Sensor 1. The trouble I am having is getting the part numbers for those two sensors so that I can get them off Ebay (as opposed to paying $$$ to the dealer). I did a comprehensive search on Ebay and it seems they either have sensors for 1999 - 2000 ES300 or 2002 and up ES300. Is 2001 ES300 a completely different sensor all together?

I pulled the following parts from toyodiy.com

MCV20 (2001 ES300 North America)

89467-41020 Rear

89467-41021 Rear

89467-41030 Rear

89467-41040 Front

89467-48010 Front

89467-48011 Front

I am confused because the website has three different part numbers for each of the sensors. Can someone please help in choosing which is the correct part number (or are they all same parts with different numbers). Also, If anyone has had success with using DENSO, canyou please give me the part number for those?

Thanks a lot!!

If you give me your VIN I can tell you what ones you need. -Terry

I think the bank 1 and bank 2 A/F ratio sensors are the same except for the length of the connector wire, one being about 2 inches longer than the other. The Denso factory website listed the same sensor number for my 2001 ES300, 234-9021, for both bank 1 and bank 2. I plugged that Denso number into Amazon.com and their $126 price was the lowest I found.

I think the bank 1 and bank 2 A/F ratio sensors are the same except for the length of the connector wire, one being about 2 inches longer than the other. The Denso factory website listed the same sensor number for my 2001 ES300, 234-9021, for both bank 1 and bank 2. I plugged that Denso number into Amazon.com and their $126 price was the lowest I found.

Here is a website for Oxygen Sensor it is on sale.

Part numbers for the sensors you need are:

89467-41030

89467-41040

OEM online will cost you $149 each. If you don't see this price, PM me.

Denso replacement for these is:

234-9021

This can be had on Amazon for $126 with free shipping: Denso 234-9021

Same sensor will work for both bank 1 and bank 2. (The OEM sensors are the same, except the difference in the length of the wire. One is 10" and one is 13". The Denso sensor has a 13" wire so it works in both locations).

I recently replaced both sensors on my car with Denso (Denso makes the OEM sensors) so if you have any questions let me know.

I am surprised to hear that they have a 10" wire. On Denso website the description for this part number says:

"Denso "first time fit" planar air fuel sensor, original equipment direct plug in, no wire cutting. 13.78 in. wire length."

Did it fit? And is your check engine light gone now?

• 2 weeks later...
I am surprised to hear that they have a 10" wire. On Denso website the description for this part number says:

"Denso "first time fit" planar air fuel sensor, original equipment direct plug in, no wire cutting. 13.78 in. wire length."

Did it fit? And is your check engine light gone now?

Ever here back from the OP? Wonder how he made out? I have the EXACT same problem with my 2001 es300. Would like to know which part number I need based on my VIN. Anyone know how to determine this?

danfall4

Ever here back from the OP? Wonder how he made out? I have the EXACT same problem with my 2001 es300. Would like to know which part number I need based on my VIN. Anyone know how to determine this?

danfall4

No, didn't hear back from the OP. What code(s) are you getting?

danfall4

No, didn't hear back from the OP. What code(s) are you getting?

I get the P1155 code only and I have the two lights on showing up on my dashboard as others have stated. I've read a lot of the posts up here on the topic and from what you've posted it appears I need to buy a specific sensor determined by my VIN number. I'm away from home at the moment but tomorrow i can furnish you with my VIN

in determining what exact part number i need. I would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Danfall4

danfall--if you are only getting p1155, it is for your Bank 2 Sensor 1. This sensor is located right in front of the engine. When you open the hood, you should see it (between the radiator and the engine, on the exhaust manifold). Very easy to replace. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

The Denso catalog is showing the same part number for this (234-9021) as mentioned above.

This can be had on Amazon for $126 with free shipping: Denso 234-9021

If Amazon is out, they sometimes have a third party selling it but you will have to pay shipping.

Now the funny thing is that Amazon site says it does not fit a 2001 ES300, but Denso catalog says that it does. Same thing happened when I ordered the sensor for my 99 ES300. Amazon said it didn't fit, but I ordered it any way (based on Denso catalog) and it worked fine.

The problem is fixed!! :D A BIG thanks to Mr. Kashi125, or should I say Dr. Kashi for all your valuable insight! Where do I send the Lobsters? :cheers:

To recap, my 2001 Lexus ES300 with 59K miles failed the 2009 Massachusetts Auto Inspection test. The code I got was P1155 only. ( Not P1155 AND P1135 which suggests a different sensor location I believe; the Dr. may care to comment). With the guidance of Dr. Kashi ( see his previous posts in this same thread) I purchased the DENSO 234-9021 sensor Monday morning on Amazon for $130 (including shipping) and to my surprise it was delivered Tuesday afternoon.

The location of the sensor in the engine compartment is shown below:

post-37914-1256238905_thumb.jpg post-37914-1256238916_thumb.jpg

The old sensor is the one on the right in the following photo:

post-37914-1256238930_thumb.jpg

Using a 22 MIL open end wrench I was able to loosen and remove the sensor from the manafold easily (your experience may differ ;) ).

After that I simply unplugged the connector by pressing on the right side of the female connector housing

(facing you in the photo below......ok this is getting to detailed ;) ).

post-37914-1256238923_thumb.jpg

After that I installed the new one. I started the engine and initially both lights came on :censored: :cries: ( bummer!!). I let it run for about five minutes. I then shut the engine off, waited ten minutes and started it back up and the lights were off. :D :cheers:

danfall--that is awesome! I'm glad to hear that your problem is fixed. Thanks a ton for uploading the pictures and posting your success story. This is what adds value to this forum--people posting the results, so that future readers can know what works or doesn't work.

lol @ "Dr." I'm no expert, in fact whatever I learned when I ran into this problem was from this forum. I was able to fix my problem for under $300 when it would have easily cost >$1000 at a dealer.

P.S: Before changing the sensor, it is a good idea to disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnecting the negative terminal for 10-15 mins erases the codes in the memory. Then when you put the new sensor in, the check engine light will be OFF when you start the car. During the next 5-10 mins of driving, the car will check the sensor voltages and put out a code again if there is still a problem.

Kashi - Thanks for the additional information on how to reset the lights. I knew that after I put in the new sensor there had to be an additional step to reset the lights. Just didn't know what it was . Now the procedure is complete.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks 'danfall' for the detailed information. I couldn't follow to the letter because it was a 2002. I did go with the original part from Toyota (89467-33050). There were two things I had to do differently because of the awkward position of the oxygen sensor. I had to purchase an Oxygen Sensor Crowfoot Wrench ($10.99)to get at the part on the right angle, 2) I had to remove the air intake to get to the tab to disconnect the wires (just 2 screws). After that everything snapped together perfectly and car seems to be working perfectly (NO ENGINE LIGHT). Had to reply just to let everyone know that this does work.

• 5 years later...