Help Me Decide

kln552

OK everyone . . . noob here, but I've searched every way I know and learned a lot, but I have a specific question for a specific situation. I used to have a '92 SC400 that I wish I had never given up. Been shopping for another SC. I'm not a kid - 57 and the car's primary use will be cruising for pleasure or commuting 75 miles a day. I'm down to 2 SCs. One is a '97 SC400 with 65K miles, beautiful condition inside and out, virtually immaculate, good records, carfax, etc. for $12.5K. Other car is 2000 SC300, 51K miles, fanatic original owner, synth oil changes every 3K mi, and this car to all appearances, inside and out is new . . . looks inside/out like it rolled off the floor yesterday. Bone stock except for 17" GS wheels and new tires. $14.5K. Both are 4sp autos, the SC300 has the VVT-1 heads. I don't care about the modability, I do care to have decent acceleration, nice quiet cruise and long term reliability. I know the SC400 will accelerate slightly faster, but If I want more acceleration than the six has, I know how to add the turbo properly. I doubt that I will, but if I want to I know how and have the $$$. Primarily want a smooth, quiet, reasonably quick cruiser that will last.

Not telling you colors cause I like both so it aint' relevant. What do you think?