Regenerative Energy Boxes Not Displayed

I recently bought a previousely owned Rx400h 2007, and I am noticing that the regenerative energy "E" boxes do not appear on my consumption display at all. Is this normal? Does this mean that the car is not generating energy at the time of braking?

Thank you in advance for any comments any one might have on this.

Are you referring to the main display and the boxes that sequentially appear in the battery direction? They should appear while coasting and braking. What is your average mileage so far?

First thing I would do is reset the ISC. Do a search for ISC learning. If you're not comfortable doing this (it is easy though) ask the dealer to do it. This has nothing to do with the E boxes you're talking about, but I would suggest it in case the battery has been disconnected or run down prior to you getting the vehicle. My mileage went from around 10.1 l/100km to around 8 l/100km after doing the reset.

If you do a lot of highway driving, you may not see any E in the consumption display. Also, it's not instantaneous, but is an average of the previous five minutes. If you can find a very hilly area and coast down a number of hills or brake as you go down the hill (and make sure there are regenerative arrows in the main display), you should then see the Es appear in the consumption display. Also watch your power meter - when you're braking, the needle should swing down into the blue area indicating that regenerative braking is occuring. If it's not, you may need the dealer to dig deeper.

First thing I would do is reset the ISC. Do a search for ISC learning. If you're not comfortable doing this (it is easy though) ask the dealer to do it. This has nothing to do with the E boxes you're talking about, but I would suggest it in case the battery has been disconnected or run down prior to you getting the vehicle. My mileage went from around 10.1 l/100km to around 8 l/100km after doing the reset.

If you do a lot of highway driving, you may not see any E in the consumption display. Also, it's not instantaneous, but is an average of the previous five minutes. If you can find a very hilly area and coast down a number of hills or brake as you go down the hill (and make sure there are regenerative arrows in the main display), you should then see the Es appear in the consumption display. Also watch your power meter - when you're braking, the needle should swing down into the blue area indicating that regenerative braking is occuring. If it's not, you may need the dealer to dig deeper.

Thank you, this helps.

The regenerative green arrows do show in the main display, but I have not seen the "E" boxes so far. I have not driven highway yet; just to work and back. The average mileage per gallon is about 21 miles.

Now that you mention the needle going to the blue area on the power meter, I don't think it ever goes that down... Could this be an inverter problem?