Ls430 2005 Bluetooth Iphone

doody

Hi, I just bought a 2005 LS430, on my 08 LS460, I had no problem at all with any function on the iphone but with the 05 LS430, it won't transfer the address book and on Lexus website for phone compatibility it says that it won't transfer. My question is that on Lexus website it says that it was tested with the 4th generation. Now, if I get the new NAV disk, would it update the bluetooth software too?. For now, I trasnferred my adressbook by putting my SIM card in my wife's phone ( Blackberry Curve ) and then put it back in my iphone after I was done but that means that every time I add a number to my address book, I will have to do this again. Thanks.

I applaud you for switching SIM cards and using this workaround. I have told many - oh so many - people that they could do this but most would rather complain instead of take the simple and effective action you took. I doubt if a nav update is going to have any effect on the Bluetooth function but at least you will have slightly more current maps and POI's.