Buying A Mid 90's Lexus

thomas12

I've been considering the purchase of a mid 90's Lexus for my wife and from the posts on this board I'm beginning to wonder if I'd just be buying a big repair and maintenance bill. The one I have was purchased from a relative and I knew the car, it's been great and has none of the issues noted on this forum. Is my vehicle an exception or was I just lucky in getting a good car? I simply can't afford a new Lexus or I'd surely buy one.

Well, you have to remember the general purpose of forums like this though, which are to discuss problems and compare solutions from other owners. Your question also depends on what year of car you're talking about too. We, being the members on here, are going to be useless to you if we don't know what year and mileage area you're talking about...

Well, you have to remember the general purpose of forums like this though, which are to discuss problems and compare solutions from other owners. Your question also depends on what year of car you're talking about too. We, being the members on here, are going to be useless to you if we don't know what year and mileage area you're talking about...

I have a '90 LS 400 with over 200,000 and counting. No model selected yet but looking at a '96 LS 400 with around 100,000 on it excellent condition for under 10K.

Thanks

I would make sure the 90k service was done at the dealership, INCLUDING the water pump and timing belt. Some 90k's just "inspect" those two parts. I've found most LS's for sale in the 100k mileage mark are being sold because the current owner doesn't want to spend the $1,500 on the service. Other than that, I'd just have it looked over by a lexus tech and adjust your offer price accordingly.