Valve Body Installation

This is a continuation of my original post http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=57542 concerning the solenoid shift problem I am trying to fix.

:angry::angry: So I cleaned out my valve body and the solenoids. I tried to reinstall it, but while doing so I crushed the check ball assembly. I read somewhere else that using vaseline would hold it in place. I thought it worked, but I guess it slipped while I was wrestling with it to get it reinstalled.

I noticed that there are three actuator pistons. Two face the trans pan and the other faces up, exposing only the spring. One of the pistons facing down is seated in it's postion. The other does not stay up in the bore. I have to hold it and push (with some force) to get the valve body on. Is this normal?

Any tips/tricks for getting the valve body reinstalled? Right now, I have to make sure the check ball valve, the one accumulator piston, the middle spring and the shift selector valve all go in OK. This is a lot of juggling, not to mention the valve body gets pretty heavy trying to hold it up and pushing it against the transmission.

If anyone can offer suggestions to make this easier while I wait for my new check ball valve, I would appreciate it.