2010 Rx350 Foot Well Lighting

I have had the 2010 RX350 for a week and am disappointed in the foot well lighting. I had expected that in the newer model to have better lighting but the foot well lighting was taken out all together?

They did link the front and rear interior ceiling lights together so when you turn the interior light on in the front, the rear interior light goes on too. This is an improvement but I am puzzled that the foot well lighting was removed all together.

Other manufacturers do a good job with interior lighting but I feel that Lexus and Toyota do the minimum and expected that with this generation of the RX it would change. Our 2007 RX400h has foot well lighting... it is minimal but it does have it.

Anyone else notice this change?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the 2010 RX350 for a week and am disappointed in the foot well lighting. I had expected that in the newer model to have better lighting but the foot well lighting was taken out all together?

They did link the front and rear interior ceiling lights together so when you turn the interior light on in the front, the rear interior light goes on too. This is an improvement but I am puzzled that the foot well lighting was removed all together.

Other manufacturers do a good job with interior lighting but I feel that Lexus and Toyota do the minimum and expected that with this generation of the RX it would change. Our 2007 RX400h has foot well lighting... it is minimal but it does have it.

Anyone else notice this change?

My 08 RX 350 has it, but frankly, I really don't see that it's all that useful or necessary anyway; but that's just me..