Remote Starter Install Toronto Area

I purchased a new 2009 (2500km's) RX350 about 2 motnhs ago and I am very pleased to date - aside from having to pay $1100 to have XM installed.

I have a young baby that I need to take to daycare in the mornings starting in September, and I think that a remote starter would save me a lot of hassle.

I live near Toronto, Canada and was wondering if anyone could recommend a place that would do a good job with the installation. I phoned 3 Lexus dealers in the area and all 3 of them said that they didn't install starters, and were not able to suggest anywhere.

I don't mind spending extra for a good unit and a proper installation.

Oh yeah, I am not handy in anyway whatsoever, so a self install is definately out of the question.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

Here is a link to past threads found by searching for both the words "remote" and "starter" in the RX subforum: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mote+%2Bstarter

To do this type of advanced forum search, select "Search" from the drop-down menu at the bottom right of a forum page and then click on "Go". Then review the "Advanced Usage Help" under the "Search by Keywords" box.

I've read a number of threads about remote starters on newer Lexus vehicles -- seems to be a challenge getting them to work without disabling other features. Seems odd that most (all?) remote starters need to have one of your ignition keys permanently inside them.

Something else that might help is a block heater -- available from Canadian Lexus dealers but not available from U.S. Lexus dealers. I had one on a Mercedes and its heater produced almost instant heat even when the car was parked outside in subzero ° F. temperatures.

post-2157-1250022199_thumb.jpg